How to get Inishell on your computer
There are several ways to get Inishell:
- as binary packages for your platform;
- as source package, to recompile for your platform;
- a git clone.
For each release, several packages are prepared for various operating systems (MS Windows, Mac osX, Linux RPM and Linux DEB, Linux TGZ) and distributed in the downloads section of this web site. This is the easiest way to install Inishell.
This is mainly for developers who want to work on Inishell itself or to get the very latest version. First, you need to make sure that you have a git client on your computer. Then you can get your copy of Inishell.
You can use either a command line client or a graphical client. You can find graphical clients for various platforms:
- for Windows, for example git-cola, TortoiseGit, gitForWindows (command line only).
- for Mac, for example git-cola.
- for Linux, for example git-cola or the command line git client of your distribution.
Getting the latest version
Once you have your client, point it to "email@example.com:inishell-ng.git" and do a clone. For the command line client, run "git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:inishell-ng.git"